What is the best WYSIWYG Markdown Editor for Windows 10 in 2017?
Markdown is a plain text formatting syntax for web writers that is easy to read, easy to write and designed to be eventually converted to rich text while remaining independent from any application.
Things to look for when choosing a WYSIWYG Markdown editor include how it makes writing Markdown easier, how it previews rendered Markdown, how much customizability and options both in term of the editor as well as output are available and if it supports a Markdown flavor you like.
Romanysoft MarkdownD is the best WYSIWYG Markdown editor for Windows, include Windows 10. And its interface splits across your edits and the effect they are having on the text displayed in the real-time. It supports full markdown syntax, live preview, supports converting all markdown files to HTML/XHTML, supports export markdown files to PDF, etc. So, it is my favorite WYSIWYG Markdown editor for Windows 10.
- If you want to learn about Romanysoft MarkdownD for Mac, please view the best Markdown Editor for Mac Review.
The Best WYSIWYG Markdown Editor for Windows 10 Features
- Support Standard Markdown / CommonMark and GFM (GitHub Flavored Markdown);
- Support Real-time Preview, Preformatted text/Code blocks/Tables insert, Code fold, Search replace, Multi-languages, L18n, HTML entities, Code syntax highlighting…;
- Markdown Extras: Support ToC (Table of Contents), Emoji, Task lists, @Links…;
- Support decode & fliter of the HTML tags & attributes;
- Support TeX (LaTeX expressions, Based on KaTeX), Flowchart and Sequence Diagram of Markdown extended syntax;
- Support import/drag/save file;
- Support auto save, auto restore file;
- Open File (Support importing files); Drag File (Support drag files); Save File (Support save files);
- Increase of 5 documents(If you need to edit more documents, then you need to increase the support for the number of simultaneous document editing in this manner. Once per purchase, while editing the document number 5;
- Auto save (Support auto save feature)
- Auto Restore (Support auto restore feature)
- TaskList (Editor support github task lists)
- Emoji (Editor support Emoji)
- atLink (Editor support atLink)
- emailLink (Editor support emailLink)
- FlowChart (Editor support FlowChart)
- Sequence Diagram (Editor support SequenceDiagram)
- Tex (Editor support Tex)
- Toc (Editor support Toc)
- Code Fold (Editor support CodeFold)
- HTML Decode (Editor support HTMLDecode)
- Style Active Line (Editor support Style Active Line)
- Line Numbers (Editor support Line Numbers)
- Search Replace (Editor support Search Replace)
- TOCM (Using [TOCM], auto create ToC dropdown menu)
Windows Recommended System Requirements:
* Processor: 1 GHz or faster 64-bit (x64) or 32-bit (x32) processor
* RAM: 2 GB RAM (64-bit or 32-bit)
* Hard Disk: 20 GB available hard disk space
* Support Windows OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7
More, Romanysoft lists other Paid or Free 32 Markdown Editor softwares for Windows or Mac:
- iA Writer — It comes with its own live Markdown rendering & preview, iCloud & Dropbox live sync, Document Library, natural language Syntax Highlight, HTML-Export, Medium and WordPress integration, Focus Mode and many other nice things like Night Mode, Word Import/Export or Reading Time.
- Byword — Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown. All the tools you need to write effectively, with keyboard shortcuts, word counters with live update, and more.
- LightPaper — Simple, beautiful yet powerful text editor for your Mac.
- Markable.in — a remarkable Markdown Editor.
- Markdown Here — Markdown Here will help you to write email more quickly and powerfully than you thought possible. With no extra effort on your part, Markdown Here eliminates all the hassle of formatting email. Empowerment through simplicity.
- Texts — Rich Editor for Plain Text. Separate Content from Formatting. Store in Markdown.
- MultiMarkdown Composer — MultiMarkdown Composer is a text editor that is designed from the ground up around the MultiMarkdown Syntax. It is designed to make writing in MultiMarkdown even easier than it already is, with automatic syntax highlighting, built in previews, easy export to any format that is supported by MultiMarkdown, and more!
- Writemonkey — Writemonkey is a Windows zenware writing application with an extremely stripped down user interface, leaving you alone with your thoughts and your words. It is light, fast and free. With an array of innovative tools under the hood and full Markdown support, it helps you write better.
- Markdown Pro — A beautiful and easy to use editor for the popular Markdown markup language, combined with a themed live preview feature, you will never have to write boring documents again.
- Easy Markdown — Easy Markdown lets you create Web pages just writing plain text with Markdown simple syntax.
- Dillinger — Dillinger is an online cloud-enabled, HTML5, buzzword-filled Markdown editor.
- MarsEdit 3 — Desktop blog editing for the Mac. The best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
- Scrivener — Scrivener is a powerful content-generation tool for writers that allows you to concentrate on composing and structuring long and difficult documents. While it gives you complete control of the formatting, its focus is on helping you get to the end of that awkward first draft.
- Notebooks — Use Notebooks to create carefully formatted documents with styles and embedded photos, or to quickly write plain text notes. Convert between these formats any time, and if you want to use Markdown, Notebooks knows how to handle that as well. It is a perfect, distraction free writing environment.
- Ulysses — Ulysses is used and loved by authors, bloggers, journalists and academics from all over the world.
- Haroopad — The Markdown enabled Next Document Processor.
- MacDown — MacDown is an open source Markdown editor for OS X.
- Focused — Focused is not just a distraction-free writing app — it’s the first writing app that actually aids your focus.
- Quiver — Quiver is a notebook built for programmers. It lets you easily mix text, code, Markdown and LaTeX within one note, edit code with an awesome code editor, live preview Markdown and LaTeX, and find any note instantly via the full-text search.
- MWeb for Mac — Pro Markdown writing, note taking and static blog generator App.
- Lenote — Lenote is a simple, distraction-free notetaking app that lets you capture and organize thoughts more productively.
- Gingko — Gingko is a new kind of tool, that lets you shape your ideas
with lists, outlines and cards, all in the same clean interface.
- Whiskey — A modern Markdown app from Nothing Magical for Mac & iOS.
- Typora — Typora will give you a seamless experience as both a reader and a writer. It removes the preview window, mode switcher, syntax symbols of markdown source code, and all other unnecessary distractions. Replace them with a real live preview feature to help you concentrate the content itself.
- TextWrangler — TextWrangler is an all-purpose text and code editor for Mac OS X, based on the same award-winning technology as BBEdit, our leading professional HTML and text editor.
- TextMate — TextMate brings Apple’s approach to operating systems into the world of text editors. By bridging UNIX underpinnings and GUI, TextMate cherry-picks the best of both worlds to the benefit of expert scripters and novice users alike.
- Draft — Easy version control and collaboration for writers.
- Pandoc — If you need to convert files from one markup format into another, pandoc is your swiss-army knife.
- Nottingham — In the spirit of Notational Velocity, Nottingham is an elegant notepad for Mac OS X. Designed to be lightweight and easy to use, it’s a breath of fresh air perfect for storing whatever is on your mind. Best of all, it keeps your data safe by syncing to your iPhone and the web via Simplenote.
- Clean Writer Pro for Mac — Distraction-free minimalist text editor for Mac with great features for writers.
- Smultron — Since Smultron 9 is easy to use, quick and uses powerful technologies like auto save, it helps you to do what you want to do without getting in your way. So you can save time and get things done. Use Smultron 9 for all your text needs.
- BBEdit — BBEdit is the leading professional HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. Specifically crafted in response to the needs of Web authors and software developers, this award-winning product provides an abundance of high-performance features for editing, searching, and manipulation of text.
That’s all! Now, pick up the best Markdown Editor for Windows 10 to convert all Markdown files to HTML, XHTML, PDF on Windows or Mac.