2017 Best Markdown Editor For Mac Reviewed – Romanysoft MarkdownD for Mac is the best one for converting any Markdown files to HTML/PDF on macOS Sierra!
Looking for the world’s simplest Markdown Editor for Mac OS X to easily handle all your Markdown needs, include Markdown, CommonMark and GFM (GitHub) Flavored 5? Want to convert Markdown to HTML/XHTML/PDF on Mac (macOS Sierra)? To do this, you need a powerful Markdown Editor for Mac – and that’s what this article is all about!
First, you need know the “Markdown” is two things:
- A plain text formatting syntax;
- A software tool that converts the plain text formatting to HTML, XHTML and PDF formats.
Then, before we recognize the best Markdown Editor for Mac, let’s talk about why you should use Markdown in the first place, and why you need a Mac Markdown editor at all.
Why Should Use Markdown?
Markdown is a simple, lightweight markup syntax. Users can use simple markup such as * # symbol with a minimum of input costs to generate expressive documentation.
Markdown has a lot of advantages:
- Add a simple symbol that is publishing in writing, what you see is what you get. So you focus on the text rather than typeset.
- Format conversion is very convenient, you can easily convert Markdown text to HTML, XHTML, PDF, etc.
- You can save plain text.
And so on. You may find many tools support Markdown editing on Mac. Without further ado, let’s keep reading.
Why need a professional Markdown Editor for Mac tool?
You might be asking, “Do I really need a Mac Markdown editor? Can’t I just use any old plain-text editor?”
Generally, Markdown won’t be the final destination format of your piece of work, so you’ll need a tool that can convert Markdown to a richly formatted document such as HTML, XHTML, PDF, which can be customized along the way via CSS or other display formatters.
Some Markdown editors provide a preview of the rendered document in real time when writing or editing, which reduces the number of times you need to render your work externally to proof for markup mistakes. In my initial drafts, I prefer tools that let me hide this preview so I can work in distraction-free text mode.
As well, many Markdown editors offer formatting assistance, such as syntax highlighting and coloration, to point out markup errors or missing markup elements.
The World’s Simple and Professional Markdown Editor – Romanysoft MarkdownD for Mac
- Support OS: Compatible with the latest macOS Sierra and Windows 10
- Price: $15.99
- Pros: Comes with great preview abilities; a stable and flexible tool.
- Cons: Have not found
Some groups have extended the original Markdown specification to include new formatting options. Romanysoft MarkdownD for Mac as the best Markdown Editor on Mac, which is one of the most common Markdown editor; support for this ubiquitous and highly useful formats in a Markdown editor tool is pretty much a must-have.
More than any other Markdown editor tool, and the number of times it was mentioned in my survey results confirms its spot as the number one Markdown Editor for Mac tool. If you want a simple, clean editor just for Markdown editing, it’s hard to find a better tool than Romanysoft MarkdownD for Mac and Windows.
Romanysoft MarkdownD provides a popular and well-thought out Markdown editor that’s focused on standard Markdown/CommonMark and GFM (GitHub) Flavored 5. When I write, I usually choose a tool that will stay out of my way but provide assistance when I need it. MarkdownD fits that role really well. You can apply formatting through the menu or via keyboard shortcuts. It’s easy to use and looks great.
Despite it’s minimalist design, Romanysoft MarkdownD for Mac is a full-featured, supports a lot of Markdown syntax, provides autocompletion, and lets you live preview. Exporting to HTML/XHTML or PDF produces consistently good results.
MarkdownD comes with a simple and intuitive layout that maximizes the space provided for the editor while leaving ample room to browse and access the full context of your files. The UI is divided into four areas:
- Editor the main area to edit your files.
- Navigation Bar on the far left-hand side, lets you switch between navigations.
Each time you start MarkdownD for Mac, it opens up in the same state it was in when you last closed it. The layout, and opened files are preserved.
Romanysoft MarkdownD Can Easily Handle All Your Markdown Needs
- Supports exporting any Markdown files to HTML/XHTML
- Supports exporting any Markdown files to PDF
- Supports Printing
- Support standard Markdown/CommonMark and GFM (GitHub) Flavored 5. Markdown
- Live Preview Support
- Support formatted text, code blocks, tables, code folding, search and replace, multiple languages, HTML entity code – syntax highlighting
- Support Toc (Table of Contents), Emoji expression, TaskLists (task map), @Links (link)
- Support decoding and filtering of HTML tags and attributes
- Support Tex (LaTex expression, KaTeX), flow diagram and sequence diagram
- Support Document Recovery Mechanism
- Open File (Support importing files)
- Drag File (Support drag files)
- Save File (Support save files)
- Auto save (Support auto save feature)
- Auto Restore (Support auto restore feature)
- TaskList (Editor support github task lists)
- Emoji (Editor support Emoji)
- atLink (Editor support atLink)
- emailLink (Editor support emailLink)
- FlowChart (Editor support FlowChart)
- SequenceDiagram (Editor support SequenceDiagram)
- Tex (Editor support Tex)
- Toc (Editor support Toc)
- CodeFold (Editor support CodeFold)
- HTMLDecode (Editor support HTMLDecode)
- Style Active Line (Editor support Style Active Line)
- Line Numbers (Editor support Line Numbers)
- Search Replace (Editor support Search Replace)
- TOCM (Using [TOCM], auto create ToC dropdown menu)
Click on the above button to download or purchase the Mac or Windows version
Steps – How to Export MarkdownD files to HTML or PDF format?
Step 1. Open “Romanysoft MarkdownD Download” page to download the latest MarkdownD for Mac or Windows version, then install and run the best Markdown editor on your Mac or Windows.
For Mac user:
- Download MarkdownD for Mac OS X.
- Double-click on the downloaded archive to expand the contents.
- Drag MarkdownD.app to the Applications folder, making it available in the Launchpad.
- Add MarkdownD to your Dock by right-clicking on the icon and choosing Options, Keep in Dock.
Step 2. Then you can get started immediately by opening a Markdown file or multiple Markdown files in MarkdownD, like *.md, *.mkd, *.mkdown, *.ron and *.markdown.
Instead of placing files in separate tabs, MarkdownD with a explorer view maintains a list of working files allowing you quick access to the files you need.
Tip: You can toggle the Navigation Bar.
At the top of the Explorer is a section labeled files count. This is a list of active files. These are files you previously opened in MarkdownD that you’re working on.
Step 3. MarkdownD adopts a common user interface and layout of an explorer on the left, showing all of the navigations, and an editor on the right, showing the content of the current files you have opened.
There are a number of unique features in the markdownD user interface. Now you can use them to edit your files, such as: Text formatting toolbar, Text Strikethrough, Text Italic, Block quote, Change Case, Heading, List, etc. You can choose any features you need to edit Markdown files for exporting to HTML or PDF.
Step 4. When you finish the Markdown files editing, click “Export to HTML” or “Export as PDF” button to get the HTML or PDF file. You can even click “Print”.
That’s all! You might be thinking “Romanysoft MarkdownD for Mac is best Markdown Editor for Mac?” My answer is simply a try! Then make your decision! It worths a try!
Enjoying Your Every Day!